Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Recurrent acute pancreatitis, please help!!!!!?

MY daughter will be two years old soon. She has had seven cases of acute pancreatitis. SInce her last episode she has had more sensitivity to food and her poop has never been normal. It is always stinky, greasy, bright green, or pale yellow-gray, and is always fairly loose. We have not had her tested yet for chronic pancreatitis and I've done some research on my own, but I can't seem to come up with clear cut answers as to whether or not her pancreas has sustained damage. The reason we have not yet taken her to the doc to get tested is that we will be moving soon and I can't decided if I should go now or just wait until we are moved. Also I asked a doctor what her prognosis is and he completely skirted by the issue. I can handle the truth and I need some answers if you have them or websites that I can visit to find out more. How long will she likely live if she has already progressed to chronic pancreatitis before the age of 2? Fyi, the reasons for her condition are two genetic mutations of her CFTR that are BOTH linked to pancreatitis. I feel like this may be a losing battle but I am trying as hard as I can with diet modifications to prevent any more problems. One last thing I would like to know is if there are any really good websites on what not to eat and what to eat when suffering from chronic pancreatitis. I just recently realized that the fortified orange juice I was giving her was not good because of how acidic it is. The more I learn the more I realize that I'm probably missing out on vital information for this condition. Thanks for your help!

No comments:

Post a Comment